Michael Tomlinson – Conservative candidate for Mid Dorset and North Poole
The people of Broadstone should vote for me and the Conservatives because:
Only the Conservatives can deliver.
- There are now over 2 million more people in work than in 2010 – that’s more families with the stability and security of a regular pay packet. This is thanks to the hard work and the determination of the British people, and the Conservatives’ strong leadership and clear economic plan.
- Our manifesto will commit to a minimum real-terms increase in NHS funding of £8bn in the next 5 years.
- To make sure more people can enjoy the security of home ownership, a Conservative Government will extend the Right to Buy to up to 1.3 million tenants of housing associations in England and create a billion pound Brownfield Regeneration Fund to unlock 400,000 new homes on brownfield land.
- The next Conservative government will take the family home out of Inheritance Tax. We will introduce a new transferable ‘family home allowance’ of £175,000 per person. For a married couple, this will effectively increase the Inheritance Tax threshold to £1 million.
- The choice is now clear: if you work hard, save and want to pass on your family home to your children – vote Conservative.
- We can keep going forward with the Conservatives, and build a country where those who work hard and do the right thing can enjoy a good life.
What is the type of country you want to live in?
Michael Tomlinson Background
I have lived in Mid Dorset wife my wife Frances since moving to the area 12 years ago. We have He lives three children and family dog, Bella. The two eldest children attend the local school, and our four year old attends the local nursery. In my spare time I like spending time going for walks or cycling in our beautiful countryside with my family. As an active member of Poole Hockey Club and Hamworthy Cricket Club I also enjoy playing sport.
As a practising barrister on the Western Circuit I regularly appear in Courts across the county including Bournemouth and Poole and also Wareham and Wimborne. My practice includes representing and advising private individuals, small companies and local authorities. I am regularly instructed to represent local authorities in Dorset and the South West and also undertake pro-bono work locally. Nationally I have been asked to represented a number of different Government Departments including the Ministry of Justice and the Department for Transport. My areas of expertise include housing and property related work, including social housing and anti-social behaviour injunctions.
If elected in May I will first and foremost be a good constituency MP, working hard locally and in Westminster representing the local community. This is the area that I have chosen to bring up my family, and so I am determined to do all that I can to make it an even better place to live for everyone.
‘My Plan’ for Mid Dorset and North Poole
- Support jobs and our local economy. Improvements to parking will encourage residents and visitors alike to shop locally and keep our local community thriving.
- Improve Dorset’s transport network, so that local people, tourists and businesses are not delayed by traffic trouble spots. Improvements to our railways and road will keep Dorset moving.
- Get a better deal for local schools so that they received their fair share of government funding. This will ensure our children get the resources that they need.
- Support local people in retirement by protecting pensions and savings while continuing to invest in vital local services such as the NHS.
- Housing is required for the next generation. However I want to see brown field sites build on rather than our Green Belt, with the housing needs of local people given a priority.
- Support the police and social services in the fight to keep crime and antisocial behaviour at record low levels so that everyone can live peacefully without the fear of crime.